Open AI ChatGPT is a powerful AI tool that can assist you in anything use: writing emails and blog posts, correcting text, translating, solving technical problems, brainstorming, advising, and even writing jokes. It could be seen as a personal assistant or even as a brain extension 🧠.
Table of Contents
Nevertheless, having to open the ChatGPT website or any other alternative apps to access its power can disrupt your workflow and be time-consuming.
As a big user of Telegram I needed a way to be able to bring the power of ChatGPT to any conversation for very different use cases: answer questions and solve technical problems with some colleagues, write jokes and comic stories with some friends, or brainstorm and find ideas with some makers!
I looked for different solutions and didn’t find the perfect one so I built it myself: ChatGPT on Telegram, an easy-to-use bot to summon ChatGPT from anywhere on Telegram 🚀.
There are 3 ways to use this bot depending on your needs:
1. Talk to the bot directly
2. Add the bot to a group chat
3. Use the inline bot in any conversation
Talk directly to the Telegram bot using Open AI (Chatgpt)
This is probably the easiest way to use this bot, just go to the conversation with the bot (https://t.me/chatgpt_query_bot) and ask anything as if you were talking to one of your contacts! The bot will then fetch an answer within a few seconds.
Add the Open aI (Chatgpt) bot to a group chat
Another way to use ChatGPT is to add it to a group conversation.
You can do so by going to the group settings and adding
@chatgpt_query_bot as you can see in the screenshot below.
Then anyone from the group chat will be able to summon the bot by typing
/chatgpt followed by the query and sending the message.
See the animation below.
Use the bot anywhere
Using an inline bot is a powerful feature of Telegram and and my favorite way to use ChatGPT in any conversation without adding the bot to a group. This feature ensures trustless complete privacy since the bot will not even be part of the chat!
The way to use can be a bit confusing the first time:
- In any conversation start your message with
- Follow it with your question or your request
- End your question with two tildes
~~(do not change the question after ending it)
- Telegram will show a loading spinner, every time the spinner stops add a tilde
~after to prefetch the answer that can take time to be generated
- After a few seconds, you will see “👉 Click here to see the answer by ChatGPT”
- By clicking on it the answer generated by the bot will appear in the chat
See the animation example below.
If you forget how to use it type
@chatgpt_query_bot help and click to display the instructions again.
Pro Tip to use Chatgpt in Telegram
To use ChatGPT in Telegram, you can follow these steps:
• Open Telegram on your device.
• Search for “@BotFather” in the search bar and start a conversation with it.
• Follow the instructions given by @BotFather to create a new bot. You will need to provide a name and username for your bot, and @BotFather will give you a token that you will use to communicate with your bot.
• Once you have created your bot, you can add it to your chat by searching for your bot’s username and clicking on it. Then click on “Start” to initiate the conversation with your bot.
• To use ChatGPT in your conversation with the bot, simply type in your message and wait for a response. ChatGPT will generate a response based on the message you have sent.
Note that ChatGPT is a language model and may generate responses that are not appropriate or offensive. Therefore, it’s important to use it responsibly and keep the conversation respectful.